Thursday, October 22, 2009

Taking screenshots using a Mac running Windows via Bootcamp

I've recently switched jobs and now find that i need to use Windows 7 regularly via a Bootcamp partition on my shiny '09 Macbook Pro – it is a great little setup but i did find a small snag when trying to take screenshots using a Mac keyboard via Bootcamp. Mac keyboards don't' have a print screen key but i have learned that you can get the same effect by using the following key combinations:

Take a screenshot of the entire screen:

FN+SHIFT+F11

Take a screenshot of the active Window:

FN+ALT+SHIFT+F11

Hope that helps make y'all happy 'campers ^_^

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I've just now found your blog -- and I want to tell you:

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU!

...I was going nuts trying to figure some of this stuff out.